|Sociology (Criminology Option)||M.A.||Program Description|
|Social (Inequality and Social Justice Option)||M.A.||Program Description|
Admission application instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in the Department of Sociology is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report GRE scores.
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- Upload a typed statement of approximately 250 words explaining your educational goals and why you wish to pursue them at University of Montana.
- Upload a sample of your academic writing, such as a term paper or professional article.
- Upload resume.
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts:
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Sociology from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Fall semester - Priority will be given to applications completed by May 1st. Applications received after May 1st will be considered based on space available.
- Spring semester - Priority will be given to applications completed by November 15th. Applications received after November 15th will be considered based on space available.
- February 15th (to be considered for financial support)
Social Science Building, Room 259B
The University of Montana
Department of Sociology, Social Science Bldg 259B
32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812-5184
Fax: (406) 243-5951
Graduate Program Coordinator