|M.A., Ph.D.||Program Description|
|Anthropology (Cultural Heritage Option)||M.A.||Program Description|
|Anthropology (Forensic & Biological Anthropology Option)||M.A.||Program Description|
|Anthropology (Linguistics Option)||M.A.||Program Description|
|Anthropology (Cultural Heritage and Applied Anthropology Option)||Ph.D.||Program Description|
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Anthropology is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- The Department of Anthropology does not require the GRE exam for admission; however, if you choose to include your scores as part of your application, please self-report directly to the department.
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average)
- 3 Letters of recommendation.
- Upload a letter of intent showing a clear goal.
- Upload resume
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts:
- The Department of Anthropology does not require GRE for admission. However, if you wish to include it in your application, please request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489.
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Anthropology from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
Fall Semester - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by January 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis.
Social Science Building, Room 401
Federal Express Delivery - Street Address
University of Montana
Department of Anthropology, Social Science Bldg 401
32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812-5112
Fax: (406) 243-4918
Graduate Program Coordinator
Anna Prentiss, Ph.D.