|Environmental Ethics Philosophy||C.E.R.P.B.||Program Description|
|Philosophy - Environmental Philosophy Option||M.A.||Program Description|
- Applying for admission to either credential in the graduate program in Philosophy is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average);
- Request 3 letters of recommendation (online recommendations are preferred);
- Upload a statement of purpose (100-300 words) describing your background, research interests, professional goals, and reasons for choosing the Department of Philosophy at the University of Montana. Please specify in your statement of purpose which degree track you are applying for: M.A. in Environmental Philosophy or M.A. in Philosophy;
- Upload a writing sample that demonstrates your philosophical abilities;
- International Students will need to provide TOEFL Scores
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Request Official Scores and Transcripts.
- International students please have your official TOEFL scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489
- Request that official GRE scores be sent to the University of Montana using code 4489
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Philosophy from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana). Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Fall Semester - rolling admissions.
- Students who wish to be considered for teaching assistantships, fellowships or scholarships must apply for Fall admission and submit a complete application packet by February 1.
- Assistantships are not available for students in the environmental ethics graduate certificate
Liberal Arts Building, Room 101
Federal Express Delivery - Street AddressThe University of MontanaDepartment of PhilosophyLiberal Arts 10132 Campus Drive #5780Missoula, MT 59812-5780
Phone: (406) 243-2949
Fax: (406) 243-4076
Christopher Preston, Graduate Advisor
Adelle Graham, Admin III
Paul Muench, Chair