ADMISSION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Geosciences is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following:
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation.
- Upload a statement of purpose (300 words) describing your background and future goals.
- Complete Form A (available from the Geosciences Department) or at this web address: https://hs.umt.edu/geosciences/graduate/apply.php.
- Upload resume.
- Pay the application fee.
Note: The Statement of Purpose, Form A, and resume can be uploaded as one combined document on the Graduate School online application site section entitled “Resume Upload”. These can also be sent directly to the Department’s Graduate Coordinator.
- Second: Request Official Transcripts:
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Geosciences from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana - an unofficial transcript can be provided). Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through a digital credential service.
- Fall Semester - Admissions are made once per year, with a January 17 submission deadline to begin enrollment the following fall semester. Teaching assistantships are awarded during this admissions cycle.
- Spring Semester - Applications are considered to begin enrollment during the spring semester on a space-available basis. Please contact the department directly before applying outside of the normal admissions cycle.
Charles H. Clapp Building, Room 126
Federal Express Delivery
Geosciences Department-Graduate Applications
The University of Montana
32 Campus Drive #1296
Missoula, MT 59812-1296.
Department of Geosciences
University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812